Spring is in the air, which means homeowners might be itching to take on a new project, whether it’s reorganizing their interior spaces, starting a major residential repair or upgrade or looking to sell their homes.
However, they also might be at a loss as to where they can store extra furniture, clothes, files and other personal belongings during this process. The answer for many homeowners is renting or leasing mobile storage containers.
What Are Portable Storage Containers?
Whether they’re called moving containers, shipping containers, cargo containers, connex or conex boxes, ocean cargo containers, international shipping containers and ISO containers, they’re all storage containers made from heavy-duty stainless steel that are delivered directly to you at your home where you can store personal items right on premises.
Boss Rentals, the leading supplier of attractive, high-quality portable storage units to the residential, retail and home-based business markets since 2006, offers both renting and leasing options. Two conveniently sized mobile storage units – the 10-foot PUP-tainer® and the 20-foot standard-sized container – are available, and can be delivered directly to your home, depending on your storage needs.
Personal Storage Container Uses
Portable on-site storage containers have a wide variety of uses for business and can be used by company owners, retailers and contractors to securely store inventory, equipment, construction materials and key documents.
But how do homeowners use them? Here are the top uses for portable storage containers this spring:
- Storage during Home Remodeling and Repairs: If you’re refurbishing, upgrading or fixing your home this spring, then you’ll need a space to store personal belongings while renovations and building take place. Mobile storage units allow you to keep your stuff safe as work continues on your home.
- Decluttering Your Home and Freeing Up Space in Garages, Sheds, Basements, Crawl Spaces and Attics: Renting or leasing a personal on-site storage container also allows you to increase the living space in your home, lets you store extraneous items from garages, sheds, basements, crawl spaces and attics until you find another place for them and put away items for future garage, tag or yard sales.
- Storing Seasonal Furniture and Decorations: Maybe you don’t have a garage, shed, basement or attic to store everything from outdoor furniture, barbecues, lawn mowers and gardening equipment to snow blowers, tools, holiday decorations and storage bins. Renting an on-site site storage container is the perfect solution for you.
- Spring Cleaning: After a long, cold winter, now’s the perfect time to give your home a good spring cleaning. To do it justice you need to remove bigger items so you could access tighter spaces of your home. You can store those bigger items in a portable storage unit.
- Personal Storage during Home Staging and Selling: If you’re putting your home on the market this spring, then you naturally want to be sure your home is as clean and neat as possible. You want them to be able to visualize themselves in your home and don’t want potential buyers to be distracted by clutter and other unnecessary items. Portable storage units allow you to conveniently store items close by while keeping them out of the way.
- Moving: Mobile on-demand containers allow you pack and unpack your old home and new home on your timeline, and these types of storage containers can also often be simply loaded onto the back of flatbed truck or inside another, larger moving truck when you’re ready to move.
- At-Home Business: If you have a home-based business and need to keep files, product or seasonal inventory on hand, but lack the storage space, then a mobile container might be right for you.
So if you want to safely store household items, clothing and furniture when staging and selling, renovating and repairing or reorganizing your home, then contact Boss Rentals today at 888-599-BOSS (2677) to learn more about our portable storage unit renting and leasing options. Our professional staff can work with you one on one and discuss your specific needs, and steer you to the precise mobile storage containers that work for you.