Whether you’re trying to declutter your home, staging your house to sell it or undergoing a major residential renovation or repair, there comes a time when, as a homeowner, you’ll need extra storage.
Sure, there are plenty of off-site self-storage units, but they can be expensive, out of the way and inconvenient. What about renting or leasing a mobile storage container? It’s an affordable, easy, safe and effective way to store household items such as furniture, clothes, files and other personal belongings right on your own property.
However, you might have a few misconceptions if you’ve never rented or leased portable storage containers.
To better understand their advantages, Boss Rentals, the leading supplier of attractive, high-quality portable storage units to the residential, retail and home-based business markets since 2006, has put together a brief introduction answering the most common misconceptions homeowners have about storage containers: For instance:
- What’s the Difference between Personal Storage Containers and Standard Storage Units? Both allow you to store your belongings, but the benefit of a personal storage container is that it can be delivered on premises, allowing convenient access to personal items whenever you need them. Homeowners can use them to safely store household items, clothing and furniture when staging and selling, renovating and repairing or reorganizing their homes. A storage container can also often be simply loaded onto the back of flatbed truck or inside another, larger moving truck if you’re moving.
- Are They Clean? Yes, all units are inspected prior to delivery to a customer and are delivered on site ready to use. In addition, all of Boss Rentals’ storage units are finished in a neutral beige hue to blend with almost any surrounding. At Boss Rentals we offer both renting and leasing options, and deliver two conveniently sized mobile storage units – the 10-foot PUP-tainer® and the 20-foot standard-sized container – directly to your home, depending on your storage needs.
- Are They Safe? Yes, mobile storage containers are lockable and weatherproof, and feature durable, high-quality, heavy-gauge stainless steel construction. This makes them unattractive to would-be thieves and other unwanted intruders. In addition, because these containers sit right on your property, you can keep a watchful eye and rest assured knowing your belongings are nearby, safe and secure.
- Are Storage Containers and Shipping Containers the Same? Yes. While there are many different names for storage containers, such as moving containers, shipping containers, cargo containers, connex or conex boxes, ocean cargo containers, international shipping containers and ISO containers, they’re all essentially storage containers, and they can be bought new or used for specific storage or shipping uses. However, containers that are used for personal storage are more commonly rented or leased.
- Are They Expensive? No, you can rent or lease one or more of these containers in the size(s) you need only for the specific amount of time you need, making them a smart, versatile, cost-effective, handy and efficient storage option.
Contact Boss Rentals today at 888-599-BOSS (2677) to learn more about our portable storage unit renting and leasing options. Our expert team can sit with you one on one and discuss your specific needs, and steer you to the precise mobile storage containers that work for you.